Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Grilling out


meet our brand new grill! Isn't she a beaut? We picked up this baby for a mere 15 Swiss Francs at Jumbo, the Swiss version of a Lowes or Home Depot (though smaller). What a great price you must be thinking! Yeah, me too when my DH told me he'd gotten a grill so cheap. Every other grill we'd seen in France or Switzerland was outrageously expensive. I mean you could barely find a grill for under 100 Euros how did he manage to find this gem? Well, there's a reason this lovely grill cost so little...because it too is little. That's right it is sitting on our patio table. The thing is barely 2 feet tall! But DH is so very proud of the little thing. And, to be fair, I guess we don't really need a huge grill for the two of us. We can use our neighbors from time to time which is bigger. Besides, this one is portable. Yeah, let's look on the bright side of this pint sized grilling machine.
Aaah, here's a picture of the happy fellow putting together our little prize of a grill. I hope he doesn't strain his back bending over that miniature version of a grill! I'm not taking him to the hospital if he does. You know, honestly, I think just about everything in Europe is smaller than back home in the Ole' U.S. of A. but most things aren't THIS small! Then again, what was I expecting when my beaming husband told me he'd purchased a grill for 15 swiss francs? I mean, did I suddenly think that his mother's bargaining skills had magically transported themselves into him? That the ability to find a bargain and drive a price down had been some genetic ability lying dormant until this moment? I should have known better. To be fair, for all it's tininess it does grill up some mean cornelle chicken (that's a special marinade my mom always made some people call it 4-H marinade). Mmmmm.....mmmm....boy was that some good eatin'. That is after the silly thing stopped smoking.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent! Thats the perfect height so the dog can grab freshly cooked meat right of the grill!

Steph said...

Mel, I'm in a basic computer class right now, taking it for credits for school (more credits = mo $$) Anyway, I decided to check your blob (we have a lot of free time) You're hysterical! I LOVE the grill!!

Steph said...

I meant blog.

doctor's mom said...

Great grill!! Ok, it's a tad small, but it is a bargain! With some more tutoring by moi...your DH will hone his bargaining skills! Keoki is right...I, too can see Ally, the butter thief, becoming Ally, the meat thief! Happy Grilling!!