Friday, March 6, 2009

brief update

So, I'm getting used to the new do. If I want it to look all smooth and sleek like it did after visiting the hairstylist I have spend some time with it...but so far that doesn't bother me. Give me a couple more weeks and I'll be saying, "aw, forget it. I'm not spending 20 minutes blow drying my hair!"
The kids at the theatre are really funny about my haircut. Some of them look at me and say, "you look different. What did you do?" Others shout, "You got your haircut!"

In other news I'm currently on a travel kick. I've planned a small trip to Venice in May. I'm really excited about it. I've wanted to go to Venice for ages and I just thought, "right, I'm going to do it. There's never a good time, so I'm going to choose a weekend and we're going." so that's what I did. Yay! Of course, it wasn't that simple. I looked up flights, found some awesomely cheap ones but didn't book them because I needed to make sure I could take that particular Friday off from work. then when I went to book them the flights has gone up. Not too much, so I thought screw it we're still going. Then last night I sat down to book the flights at around 7:15, but then we were late for dinner with our friends so I said, "I'll just do it when we get home. No big deal." 5 hours later when we got home and I sat down to book them the flights had doubled! Can you believe that bull? Doubled in 5 hours! What crap. I was so mad I felt like breaking something.

so, my darking hubby found a different airline, with slightly cheaper tickets and we said, "Screw it, we're going." so about an hour ago I booked our tickets. Hooray! Venice, here we come. 3 days and nights in Venice. Should be good. We're going to stay in this little apartment you can check it out here: www.cagarzotti.it It actually turns out to be cheaper than most of the hotels I looked at and we get a whole apartment all to ourselves - with a kitchen and everything. Plus it's right in Venice not off the island. It should be a good trip. i'll try and be better about sharing photos and stories immediately after we get back instead of 3 months later...but I can't promist anything.

OK gotta run.
ciao!

2 comments:

doctor's mom said...

I think that's terrific! I'm glad you are taking advantage of living in Europe to see those wonderful places you might never otherwise have had the opportunity to visit!I am both happy for you and envious, too!!

Unknown said...

The trip should be great, we always love to see your pictures. I think we are all doing our traveling through you. Getting to see the sights and hear your stories is almost as good as being there. Not quite but almost.