Monday, March 2, 2009

ahhh, I did it!


I finally cut my hair! And I love it. This will probably just be a quick post while I'm waiting for my cookies to get out of the oven. But, back to my hair. I've been thinking of cutting it for over a year. In fact, since after our wedding in September 2007. After the wedding I did cut it, but not too drastically, just shoulder length. Then I didn't get my haircut again until this morning - not even a trim! yikes, I really needed a haircut. How terrible my ends were -it's almost too embarrassing to write about...but not quite.

there's my first attempt at taking my own photo! I didn't set the timer for long enough. Here's a better one.

I'm still getting used to the not quite long bangs that often fall in my eyes. but I'm sure I'll figure out a way to make it work for me. Actually, knowing me I"ll probably just tuck that bit behind my ear or pin it back with a bobby pin. Which sort of ruins the idea of the style...but well..that's me!

I really like it and funny enough it's still just long enough that I could pull it back into a dinky little pony tail! hee, hee. it looks ridiculous, but I could do it if I wanted to. I'm sure tomorrow I'll cry about cutting all my hair off, but today I love it. Then again it looks terrific and my hair feels so smooth and soft because a professional styled it. Wait until the first day I try to style it myself. I'll probably start throwing things and screaming. Won't that be a treat for the hubby?

Here's a photo with it more off my face. This is probably how it will end up looking more often than not - like this

What do you think? Sometimes I look in the mirror and think it makes me look like high schooler again...and I'm not so sure that's a good thing. Ah well. For the moment I'm really in love with it and myself! I wanted to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe to go with my new haircut. but I'm a good girl and didn't. I already paid a decent amount for the haircut, like I'm going to fork over more money today! What a tight fisted dork I am. Gotta love it. So, hope you all like my new do. Stay posted to see if I'm still enamored with it over the next few days! hee, hee, hee seriously, every time I pass a reflective surface I stare at myself. People at the mall must have thought I was totally vain! I guess I am a bit!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your hair looks great! I think you look a lot more sophisticated.

Melanie said...

thanks! that was what I was going for...but wasn't quite sure it worked.

we'll see how sophisticated I look when I have to style it myself! yikes

doctor's mom said...

It looks fabulous!!! You definitely look much more sophisticated and much LESS like a high school girl!! I love it!! You look beautiful!!

Bereni (BEAR-wren-knee) said...

Wow! It looks fantastic and it really suits you! What does hubby think?

Melanie said...

He likes it. He actually said, "Wow! it looks great. Much better than I thought it would!" What a guy

The Moss's said...

Love the new doo. Agree with the others with the new sophisticated, professional look.

Just one request, not that I think this could ever happen, don't change who you are, we still love the spicy, go get 'em, what the hell, let your hair down Mel.