Friday, May 2, 2008

Will Write for Wine

My friend, Berni, mentioned this podcast to me and I decided I should check it out...and I am SO glad that I did. I absolutely am in LOVE with Lani and Sam the novelists who do this podcast. They are absolutely hysterical as well as passing along great advice about writing and discovering your unique talents. I have no intentions of writing a book or anything, but i thoroughly enjoy listening to them.

It's also fun to hear about the wines they are drinking - they each have a different bottle of wine during each podcast. Sam likes good wine and Lani likes anything that is $10 or under. OK, well she does consider wine in a box swill. And to all you Boones Farm drinkers out there I don't really think that can be considered real wine - sorry!

Listening to them has made me want to start trying all the different wines around here. You can get some great bottles for extremely cheap - 5 Euros which, at the current exchange rate, is about $8 U.S. So, not terrible. Perhaps I should start reviewing the wines we drink here....now that's a thought. At least that way I'd have some personal record of wines we liked and didn't like as opposed to our current method which is: Me: "Wow! this is a great wine. We should get it again some time." DH:" Definitely. We'll have to remember it for when we have guests." Then we recycle the bottle and forget about it until we have company coming and we say, "ooh, what was that really good wine we had?" " You know the one we got from that store...like 3 weeks ago...the white one...what was that?" Neither one of us can remember so we end up getting something untried. Oh well.

so, i hurt mt arm in some mysterious way and am having trouble typing with a bag of frozen veggies resting on it...so I'm going to go now.

3 comments:

Shannon Morgan said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, too -- now I envy your access to French wine, too! -- Shannon, WWFW

Unknown said...

Hey, Mel! Sam and I are recording the podcast, and we saw the link to your blog! Very neat to be written about! We're glad we have some value for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww. The other Wiffers beat me! Oh, well. Just stopping by to say hello. I'm like you in that I buy these great (or terrible) wines and vow to remember them for next time, but I never, ever do.

Hope your arm heals soon!