Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The hippies are coming, the hippies are coming!

My sister's wedding was great. It was the perfect wedding for her and her fiance. They had a very small ceremony on the deck at my parents house with only immediate family attending, then they had a big bash in a tented "reception" also in my parents back yard. We all put in a lot of effort the week leading up to it to make sure everything was ready and it really paid off. There was purple (my sister's favorite color), tie-dye, bare feet, lava lamps, good wine, and great people. My brother-in-law made all the wine for the wedding (130 bottles!) and it was fabulous. The wines he made were Apple, Peach-Ginger, Riesling, um...a red, which was...a nero d'avalo. They were all so good. I was totally impressed. And he made special labels for them too. It was very cool. I so wanted to send some of the left over bottles to Lani and Sam at Will Write for Wine, but with traveling down to Pittsburgh to see the hubbies family it just got shoved to the end of the To Do List, thus it never happened. Oh well.

It's getting late so I'm just going to post a bunch of pictures from the wedding without writing too much.
My cutie-cute nephew. Just like his crazy aunt sticking out his tongue!!
The tent looked soooo cool at night, all lit up. The hubby and I will take credit for hanging those up, thank you very much. At night the glow sticks came out! Glow sticks, glow necklaces, glow bracelets! It was so fun.






Once the party started winding down my extended family took center stage - Karaoke, dancing, drinking from over-sized martini glasses, licking faces...
Hope you enjoyed these snap shots of the wedding night. it was a great time. It was a perfect fit for the bride and groom. The weather was nice, cold once it got dark, but we (I guess I should say I) had enough alcohol flowing through us to keep us nice and toasty warm. Good times. Man, I love my family. I miss them. Bah, I'm going to bed now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you and josh had a great time!

Bereni (BEAR-wren-knee) said...

Looks like it was an awesome wedding! Welcome back to bloggyland!