Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fur real?

Can I just say how weird it is to see so many ladies in downtown Geneva swathed from head to toe in fur? And I'm pretty sure it's not fake fur, it's the real deal. I could be way off here, but I just feel like you don't see that in the States. Maybe I just haven't lived in the really affluent areas of the East coast...It's just I feel like in the United States if you walked around draped in real fur someone would through red paint at you. Or at the very least be rude to you. Here it's just normal. Fur coat, fur hat, fur trimmed boots...whatever. When I'm on the bus in Geneva I sometimes watch these women sauntering along in their skin tight pants, stiletto boots, fur coats, and big old Russian looking fur hats and think where am I? And also, where did they get all their money and how can I get some of? I mean, it's hard enough living in this area the way things cost I can barely buy myself a new pair of running shoes without breaking the bank!

Well, enough about that. It just made me laugh a little at all the fur walking around Geneva on peoples backs and head! Maybe it's just another part of my repressed American upbringing rearing it's head again...it just amazes me, that's all. Fur.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was amazed at the amount of fur we saw when we were visiting you. Where do they get the money to buy those beautiful coats? We do see a few people wearing fur around but not often or as many, nothing like in Europe.
Skiing sounds great from your other postings. Pictures look good too.
Fur for now.