Sunday, February 1, 2009


Oh my it's been ages since I last posted! Well, since my last post I got over being sick (tonsillitis, sinus infection, skin infection) was healthy for a couple of weeks then got sick again. Now I am recovering from a bad bout with the flu. So far, 2009 is not my year. Thankfully, I was feeling well enough to go skiing yesterday and we had a great day.

We went to Les Gets and it was beautiful. I need to remember this one in the event we have visitors in the winter time who don't ski. It's a great place because there are lots of trails for walking, and a small area where kids can go sledding. Besides, it's a cute little town surrounded by the Alps - gorgeous scenery. That's one thing I regret not doing with my family here - really getting up into the Alps. We did go to Gruyere, which is up in the mountains, but it's just not quite the same as visiting some of these little ski towns and walking around (or skiing) in the Alps. Oh well, we'll have to do it next time they visit.

This afternoon Ally and I got outside to run around the yard a little and the neighbor kids were out. They are so funny. I can only understand about half of what they say and they sometimes try to speak English. The little boy, Canton ( I think that's his name), said, "Please. give me kisses." In English. He's about 4 years old. I blew him a kiss. Then their dad came out - just like my hubby he likes to grill in the snow, men are the same the world around I guess. And he let the kids come over the fence into our yard (well, technically our neighbors yard) to play with the dog. I was quite gratified that the father (I can't for the life of me remember his name) told me my French had improved and that I had a very good accent. Not like your typical North American. That made me feel pretty good as I've been a bit down lately about my progress with French. It's just that you have to make such an effort and sometimes you just don't feel like it trying anymore. I guess you just have to push through that feeling of "what's the point" and keep trying or you'll never succeed. That's a lesson that my head understands, but the rest of me rarely follows!

It's been nice this winter that we've had snow. If it's going to be cold I'd rather have the snow to go along with it. Besides, running around in the snow, throwing snowballs, making snowmen just makes you feel young and alive again. Granted I colder quicker and my energy doesn't last like it did when I was a kid...but, for a god 15-20 minutes you go back in time! hee, hee

2 comments:

doctor's mom said...

Glad you are feeling better. The pictures are awesome! Stay warm and stay well!!

The Moss's said...

So so true. Playing in the snow does make you feel like a kid again. Didnt think about the aches n pains while rolling that small snowball around trying to make it bigger for the snowman but when all was said and done...Tylenol here I come and my feet were so cold but we had so much fun making that little snowman and singing Frosty the Snowman. Kids and snow make one feel young again. Glad your feeling better.