Monday, December 1, 2008

How is it that EVERY time our landlord drops in the place is a complete disaster? I mean, Saturday the house was clean but between home repairs, the dog, and trying to get pies made for our friends Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday the place is once again in utter chaos. I had plans to pick up today...I just haven't quite gotten there yet. Then the doorbell rings and it's our landlord. She need to get to the cave in the back and forgot her key, can she come through our apartment? Of course she can. Only as I glance around I think, "Great, once again she sees the total chaos in which we live." The dishes aren't done, there's a pile of blankets on the couch making it look like I spend my days lazing about curled up in blankets (it may be true, but I don't want my landlord to know it), the living room is strewn with dismembered stuffed animals parts and their innards (stuffing, that is). Papers are piled up everywhere spilling over onto the floor, there's mud on the couch where Ally jumped up after coming in from her walk this morning, laundry is hanging from every available surface in the hopes it will be dry soon...the list just goes on and on. It's so embarrassing. Now I have the motivation to clean but my landlord is gone. Who will see my sparkling clean apartment? No one but me, the hubbster, and Ally. And you know that half an hour after he gets home the place will be in shambles again - the dog will have pulled the stuffing out of her toys, the dishes from dinner will be piled on the counter...oh what's the point. I should just curl up in those blankets on the couch with a good book and leave the place in the disastrous state it is currently in. why not? Unfortunately... or perhaps fortunately, I have too much of my mother in me to let it remain in such a state. So, I'm off to do battle once again with the cobwebs, dust bunnies, dirty dishes and all the rest.

1 comment:

The Moss's said...

I believe they call this Murphy's Law. I choose to call it.... Moss Law, or in slang, its a Moss thing. I hate to be the one to tell you, it doesn't get any better with age. Just grin & bear it, cause their the best darn husbands around.