Wednesday, April 9, 2008

oi vay

So, just a quick post before I (hopefully) run out the door to catch the bus. Today is my first day of teaching (or rather assistant teaching) the "Minnies" class in Chene-Bougerie. It's on the other side of the lake in Geneva. I've never been there before and since the hubby is on shift this morning plus has soccer this evening I thought it would just be easier for him to take the car and for me to take the bus. Unfortunately, in order to be where I need to be by 12:30 p.m. I have to take the 10:19 a.m. bus. This will actually get me to where I need to be an hour early, but I figured that was better than half an hour late (which was the next bus). Earlier is better anyways because it gives me time to actually find my way from the bus stop to the school where the drama classes are held and time to grab a bite of lunch before class. The class, by the way, starts at 13:00(1 p.m.)

I was confused at first by this schedule - silly me thinking the kids should be in their actual schools at this time - but as it turns out kids who go to school in Geneva only have a half day on Wednesday. Not bad, if you ask me.

So here comes the problems. As I was getting ready - still in my pajamas, just about to brush my teeth, the dog starts barking her head off and the doorbell rings. It's the plumber. which is fabulous because we've been having our pipes vibrating at such a frequency that they emit a high pitched shriek starting at about 1:30 a.m. Yes, this started last Wednesday - the hubby was brilliant and duct taped the pipes together. He's had to reapply the tape nearly every day, but at least we've been able to sleep through the nights. So, it's great news that the plumber is here. Bad news is, I don't know if he'll be finished in time for me to catch the bus.

well, I better get everthing else ready, just in case.

No comments: