Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Can I get a Huzzah!?!?

I have some good news to share. I was offered a part time job with the Theatre. Yeah!!! OK, OK it is contingent upon them being able to get a work permit for me, but they are working on it. Also, it isn't much of a job - it's only one day a week with the possibility of increase to a second day and eventually taking on an evening class of my own. But, it is something. In my opinion it is pretty perfect. If they can get the work permit and we can work out my needing to go back to the States in May for my sisters wedding...then I'll be getting out of the house, meeting some new people, working in/around a theatre atmosphere, AND I still get my lazy days at home with the dog, baking, making cards, attempting to keep the house clean, making sure I'm a competitor for the reading team, knitting, you get the point.

So, since I haven't really stated it, the offer is to work on Thursdays from 10:00 to 18:15 (which is 6:15 pm all you Americans) working in the office during the day and joining Jenna for the two classes I sat in on in my "interview". That was one class with 4-6 year olds and one class with 7-9 year olds. There is the possibility of extending the work hours to all day Fridays and perhaps an extra class on Wednesday evenings. I think it's very exciting! In my opinion it's the perfect way to slowly get back into working. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the work permit is approved and everything goes smoothly.

Gotta go pick up DH from the bus stop. Ally and I like to meet him at the bus stop on the days that he has to take the bus home. Oh and in case you're wondering I'm bribing him with homemade pizza for dinner and some fabulous dark chocolate for dessert. I couldn't find his favorite dark chocolate Tobelaron (spelling?) so I went out on a limb and got him something new.

* * *

It's much later now. The bus didn't arrive at the time it was supposed to. Ally and I wandered around for nearly a half an hour before we gave up on it. Mon pauvre mari (my poor husband) the bus never came so he waited out in the cold for over 30 minutes for the next bus. Needless to say Ally and I were not there to greet him. We gave up and came home when the bus he was supposed to be on never arrived. Now the whole house is full of good food and soon we'll be heading to bed. Ally is sacked out on the couch snoring loudly. Oh my god, it makes me laugh EVERY single time I hear her snoring. It is always funny to me.

Alrighty then, I'm tired so I'll talk to ya'll later.

p.s. check out this link it is the funniest:

The 6 Cutest Animals That Can Still Destroy You

yeah that's right hippo's first and foremost - who you callin' sassybaskets?!?! I have a stuffed hippo given to me by my DH - for those who don't know he lovingly calls me his little hippo - and the stuffed hippo is now called Sassybaskets. Someday she will wear a tutu and I'll walk around with her, yep just me and Sassybaskets.

3 comments:

doctor's mom said...

Congrats!!! That's wonderfull!! I knew you would get the job...how could they not offer it to you with all your talent and skills?? One day week is a great start...still leaves you time to do your baking, cards, knitting and reading and of course, walking Ally, the princess! I am very happy for you!! Keep us posted on the details!

Bereni (BEAR-wren-knee) said...

Huzzah! I knew it, I knew it! Did you tell them you had experience working with crazy Brits?

The Moss's said...

Congrats young lady, not that you needed it. Keeping our fingers crossed for the work permit.