Friday, January 25, 2008

nerves jangling

oh my gosh, in about 15 minutes I'm going to get in the car and drive off to my interview. AAiieeeee. Why am I so nervous? The worst thing that happens is that I don't get a job and I continue my life of leisure and how bad is that really? I think the grass is always greener on the other side. I know that when I have the prospect of no work and just hanging around the house ahead of me I desperately wish for a job, something, anything to get out into the world (and earning some money ain't bad either) but the minute I have an interview lined up I suddenly don't want to leave this fabulous life of sleeping late, reading all day, and walking the dog. Yeah, yeah I know just last week I was complaining to my darling, sweet, and patient husband how bored I was and didn't know what to do with myself and this morning I'm whining to him about not wanting to go to this interview. If I get the job I'll have to commute nearly 40 minutes to work everyday, blah, blah, blah.

He really does deserve the status of Saint Hoshooua. I don't know how he puts up with me? I can barely stand myself sometimes - sad, but true. I'm lucky he loves me and puts up with my neurotic behavior. You know what's funny? Whenever I was working in the theatre I was the most down to earth, normal, person. I was the one with no drama and lots of common sense. The minute everyone around me is sane and sensible I suddenly become the drama queen. What's with that? Some deep subconscious need for drama and excitement? I find life much easier when I am not the person on the emotional roller coaster. I'm sure my husband would agree, but he forbears with great patience and love, bless him.
OK, gotta go to my interview. Damn, I 'm sweating already and I have to run to the bathroom for like the 6th time this morning. Seriously, I think some graduate psych student could do a case study on me!
Wish me luck!

No comments: