Thursday, January 17, 2008

What to do....

...it's another one of those days where I just sort of feel at loose ends. I know I should be compiling my list of UN agencies to send my resume to, but I just can't seem to get myself going. I didn't want to get up this morning, even though I wasn't really sleepy it just felt so good to lie in bed. Mmmm...all warm and cozy, with our nice satiny sheets (they were a wedding gift). It was so snugly and warm and comforting I could have stayed there all day. But, a little after 9 a.m. I figured I should get up and get going. I got up but, of course, I didn't really get going. Instead I ate breakfast then curled up on the couch with my coffee and a book and read all morning. Ally even snuggled with me. I think she knows Picasso is gone for good. How could I possibly get up when she was lying so comfortably with her head on my feet? It would have been cruel to disturb her. Or that's what I convinced myself to believe...it wasn't to terribly hard either.
It's nearly 2 p.m and I've managed to get myself showered and dressed but now I'm just avoiding doing anything by writing this post. Isn't it wonderful to have a blog? Actually, this is probably the most boring thing you've ever read! If you've gotten this far thanks for sticking with it. I did manage to throw in some laundry and I since the sun has finally broken through the clouds I should take Ally for a walk. Maybe I'll have a quick cup of coffee and a spoonful of fudge to fortify myself first.
Oh, did I mention I attempted to make my friend, JD's, perfect fudge recipe? It tastes great but it never solidified! You literally have to eat it with a spoon - no joke. And I do. It's terrible and wonderful at the same time. It's terrible because I don't do so well at pacing myself. When you have to cut it you say, "OK, just this small piece...or two." But when it's sitting there in front of you it's hard to stop. "Just one little more spoonful." or you sit there reading a book and don' t even think how much you are shoveling into you face! oh boy, it's good.
Yeah, I'm going to go have just a little with a nice cup o' coffee. Hopefully, DH won't come home to find me passed out on the couch, groaning with a tummy ache, and chocolate smeared all over my face!

for those interested in the recipe here it is:
Perfect Fudge
1 pound box of Confectioner's Sugar
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, unsalted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts) if you like

1.) In a medium saucepan heat the sugar, butter, cocoa, milk , vanilla, and salt over low
heat, stirring until smooth.

2.) Stir in nuts

3.) Spread mixture quickly in buttered 9 inch square pan. It sets up fast, so work fast!
(Mine did not set up at all, so if this works for you let me know, I can't figure out what went
wrong!)

4.) Cool. Cut into squares No need to refrigerate (the only way I could get mine even semi-solid was to refrigerate!)

good luck if you try this recipe. Let me know how it turns out for you!


No comments: