Friday, January 18, 2008

Saint-Gervais

Tomorrow is our second day of skiing. We're going to Saint-Gervais-les-bains, France, which is very close to Chamonix and therefore Mont Blanc, the highest peak in the Alps! It looks like it's going to be a nice day there if you can trust the weather reports. I bet it'll be beautiful. I'm debating whether or not it would be worth it to take my camera or not? I'm leaning towards not because last week I had no time at all to stop and take pictures of the view. I don't think I want to be the cause of my fellow students ire for holding things up to take pictures. Maybe once I've gotten to know them a bit better...or not taking the camera could be a GREAT excuse for DH and I to go back at a later date, just the two of us. Yeah, that sounds like a plan.
I'm hopeful that my legs will hold up better this week but I doubt it. I haven't done anything special to work on strengthening my muscles. I really thought I would be motivated this week, but it turned out I wasn't. Better luck next week.
Let's see...our Tango classes are winding down. We have 4 more classes left. Our teachers have invited us to join the intermediate class for the next session. They invited us and about 5 or 6 other people. I thought that was really a nice compliment. They also asked us to participate in a public performance they are giving on Saturday night in Geneva. They have asked quite a few of their students to participate as...well...representative of the students they teach. Unfortunately, we won't be able to do it. We would hate to agree and then not make it because our bus from skiing arrived back late. Plus, I don't know if my legs could take the Tango after a full day of skiing. I think I'll just want to come home and collapse, not drive into Geneva and Tango in front of people!
so, that's the brief update on what's going on here. Not a whole heck of a lot. Ally and I have had a rather melancholy week, but I think this weekend we'll shake it off and have much better, more productive week next week....here's hoping!

No comments: