Friday, November 30, 2007

Not much to say

Sorry, but there's not a whole lot going on around here. Yesterday I spent most of my day busily working on some homemade Christmas gifts. I would post pictures but you never know who might look at my blog and who the gifts might be for! hee, hee. Today I've been puttering around the house trying to pick up, AGAIN, and baking cookies. Our upstairs neighbor is sick so I thought I'd take her some cookies, probably chicken soup would be more helpful but cookies just taste SO much better! Also, the CERN dancing club has a little monthly party after our class tonight and it's "Canadian" style - which means bring some food to share. They have one every month and we have yet to attend so we thought we'd hang out for a bit tonight and see what it's like. Maybe we'll get to know some people in our class a little bit better, that'd be nice.
Isn't it funny that a bring a dish to pass type event is called a Canadian - I love it. It makes me laugh every time I see it or hear it. I think we should start instituting that phrase in the States. I wonder how the Canadians would feel about that? I mean why Canadians? are they the cheapskates of the world who ask their guests to bring food for their parties? I have no idea why they call them Canadian parties, and neither does our Canadian neighbor.
So, sorry I'm not more full of rollicking good stories or witty criticisms about life, but things are bit dull at the moment as I busily work away at completing my Christmas projects in the hopes of getting them sent off in time to make it to their destinations by Christmas - fat chance o this happening so sorry to anyone who might receive a gift - but I'll try my darnedest. Darnedest, what a great word.
OK, so I'm going to get back to my projects if anything exciting happens this weekend you'll be the first to know.

Ciao!

No comments: