Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Scary Tales my foot!

Oh, I am so angry at Colonial Williamsburg at this moment. Or more precisely at however edited their new ghost story book, Witches and Ghosts, Pirates and Thieves, Murder and Mayhem: Scary Tales from Colonial Williamsburg. Before I left Colonial Williamsburg I was asked, as a storyteller for their Legends program, to submit my story for a compilation of legends told at Colonial Williamsburg. I agreed, wrote out my story, told them I didn't know how well it would translate into print seeing as I use my voice to add lots of sound effects to the telling. It was accepted and I was notified that it would be included in the new book. Today I received the book. I am so pissed off I could cry. My story has been totally rewritten, there are about 3 sentences that I wrote and the rest is totally different. And, it's utter crap. I am so embarrassed to have my name attached to it! Everyone else's stories look fine. Why on earth did they mutilate mine? I would have rather they just told me they couldn't use mine, instead of rewriting and attaching my name to it. Seriously, I'm tempted to write them and make them take my name out of any further printings. uuuuughhh, I am so angry I'm going to go throw something or punch my pillow.

No comments: