Friday, November 16, 2007

This weeks update

sorry, sorry, I know I have been remiss in posting this week so I will try to give a brief recap of this weeks events, with pictures included no less. I know some of you were probably thinking that I'd gone off the deep end this week and sunk so far in my self misery that I couldn't even post, but au contraire mon frère ( isn't it cute how I use inane French sayings that I'm sure the French wouldn't be caught dead saying!?), I have been a rather busy little beaver this week.

Monday: Ok, I can't really remember what I did...which means I probably spent a good deal of my day plopped on the couch, knitting and hanging with the dogs. Oh! I did finally finish knitting my lace-knit shawl, which I've been working on for ages (since, like, March or something). I don't have a picture now, but I'll post some soon. for any interested parties. And I spilled red wine all over my laptop keyboard thus effectively making have the letters no longer able to function - see that's why I didn't post anything; I COULDN'T! Josh just brought me a keyboard he "borrowed" from work.

Tuesday: Went into Geneva for yet another IAC art exhibit meeting. This lasted nearly 3 hours and at least a few things got accomplished. I am relieved to find that there are now others who share my worries about an opening night of February 6. They have now decided perhaps April would be better. Ok, ok, it's not 2009 like I would have wanted, but it's a few more months at least. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't go psycho on these people and their good works.
Tuesday night it started snowing. Yay! Josh and Ally went nuts - like 2 kids in a candy store hyped up on sugar. Josh and I had our first snowball fight of the season- I, of course, lost. Hey, you try and win against him.



Wednesday: My wonderful husband took the morning off because we were expecting a delivery of firewood at about 10:00 a.m. While we waited we entertained ourselves and the dogs by building a snow man. It had snowed continuously throughout the night and was still snowing at 7:30 a.m. when I took Ally for a walk. She LOVES the snow. I let her off her leash in an open field near us and she just started tearing around like you wouldn't believe. It was wonderful. I hadn't seen her that excited in quite some time! Ally and Picasso tried to help with the snowman building, but their idea of lending a helping paw was to pounce on the snow as we attempted to roll it into gigantic balls. Here's our snowman, a little melted since I didn't take the picture till Thursday - but he's still standing. And here is Josh taking his aggression out on that poor, defenseless snowman! Finally, after we were getting a bit cold and it had started to rain - more of a light, but persistent misting - the firewood delivery showed up. Only an hour later than the time we were told to expect them - this is extraordinarily punctual in French time. We're lucky we weren't waiting till 5:00 p.m.! So, after lots of hand gesturing and vapid smiling and head nodding I paid the bill, indicated where we wanted the wood dumped - he was a bit mystified as to why we wanted it deposited directly in front of the gate to our apartment. He tried to tell me it would block the entrance, but I just smiled and said, "oui, je sais." (yes, I know) and then pointed to where we were going to be moving it too. He smiled uncertainly and dumped the wood where I wanted it. He took off, with a parting commiseration over the dreary weather and how wet we were going to be hauling that wood around. See, I can understand French when I really try - I just can't make any sensible replies! oh well. Ok, I have more pictures and more to write...but, I'm starving so I will post again later
Ciao!!! I leave you with an image of Foreman Ally observing the finished work of her crew!

No comments: