Monday, March 31, 2008

And the rain crashed down

between the rain and all that snow melting there was nowhere for all that water to go but into our house. Yep, you guessed the apartment has flooded, yet again. Ugh. This totally sucks. Not only did we wake up to water covering the floor of our apartment but DH has such a busy schedule today that he couldn't hang out and help with the clean up. He said he'd come back over lunch and help but I told him that was pretty stupid and pointless. Besides, he's supposed to give 2 presentations this afternoon and I know he was counting on a bit of time this morning/lunchtime to finish up a few details.

So, I've been mopping up the place for the last 3 and a half hours. The front hall and living room are now dry. We have sandbags in place to contain the flow of water in the kitchen. Unfortunately, it must still be pouring in because I've been diligently bailing out water from the kitchen and the level hasn't seemed to change too much. There's still a pond of about a half inch deep in on kitchen. At least it's contained that's all I can say.

Well, I need to go back to mopping and check on how my lunch is coming along.

No comments: