Monday, March 17, 2008

some photos

Espace Diamant
(before we got high up into the mountains)

I don't have too much to say. We went skiing again this past Saturday - probably our last ski trip for the year. And it was finally a nice day and I had my camera so I took some nice pictures of the Alps. It really was a gorgeous day to be skiing and despite the fact that I now have a bright red face I had a great time (I even wore sunblock too!).

So, hope you like the pictures and for those of you getting bored hearing about skiing have faith, the winter can't last forever! I'm about all done in with skiing myself. It takes up your entire Saturday and then we're so exhausted Sunday we don't get anything accomplished. We went to a resort called Espace Diamant. It was the first time the CERN skiing club had been there so even our guide/instructor didn't know exactly where to go. It was fun exploring with a group.
A nice view from the top of the mountain

Our group relaxing and enjoying lunch. That's Mont Blanc in the background!
It was such a beautiful day we were able to eat outside.

Me in front of the parapente (parachute) sign, oh yeah, and the Alps

For those who don't know you can ski with a parachute. It looks totally crazy. I would think it would be pretty difficult to control the parachute and keep your balance on you skis and all that. We didn't see anyone doing this on Saturday but I'd seen many people doing it at different resorts during out lessons. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of it. Also, sadly, I have no picture of the hot air balloons that were gliding around on Saturday. It was very pretty - the sky filled with colorful balloons flying through the Alps - now that has got to be an awesome ride!

That's all I got for today. I'm reading a great WWI series by Anne Perry and I have a feeling I'm going to get sucked right in and not get much done this week! I'll try to put the book down and do something useful or at least interesting every now and again...but I can't make any promises.

No comments: